struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Re: i18n with keys from DB
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:29:40 GMT
The easiest think to do is use the struts-bean-el taglib, where you can
do something like this:

<c:set var="myDbVar" value="my_db_value"/>
<bean:message key="${myDbVar}"/>

Basically, store the key in a locally scoped variable (can be page,
session, or request) and then reference that variable in your 'key'
attribute.

We do this all the time for pulling a key from an XML file (or from a
Tiles attribute) and then using the key for bean:message

Cheers!

Axel Seinsche wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I think I have a common problem, but couldn't find any solution in the archive of this
list or with Google.

>All I want to have is i18n where keys come from the DB. My DB contains a table where I
can read the keys from. With this key I want to do a lookup in my properties file. How can
I do this? Until now I failed to something like

><bean:message key="<c:out value="my_db_value" />" />
>
>I hope this problem was solved before and someone can help me.
>
>I thougt about storing my values language dependent in the DB, but for several reasons
I don't like this approach!