struts-user mailing list archives

From Riyad Kalla <...@email.arizona.edu>
Subject Re: Remembering form values across requests
Date Sat, 01 May 2004 03:08:43 GMT
Hmmm I would think that html:reset would tie into the Form.reset()
method, but you said you are using a DynaForm so I'm not sure how that
would work (I hard code all my forms because I like wasting time :)

Michael Weaver wrote:

>I am new to Struts and have tried to used a DynaActionForm to hold the users form choices
across requests by setting the form to session scope. This causes a problem with html:reset
since I get back the same values on reset and in effect nothing is reset. I could be committing
a big design no no here. Maybe I should be using a different bean to hold the form choices
across requests but it seems redundant. Any thoughts on if this is a misuse of forms or not
would be appreciated. If someone can point out a repository of programs demonstrating good
Struts usages that would be helpful also.