struts-user mailing list archives

From Masashi Nakane <nak...@mie-com.co.jp>
Subject Resource Bundles and Message Table in DB
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:37:58 GMT

    Hi ,all

I'm using Struts 1.1. and a Database is accessed from
both of web application(tomcat5 ,no AP server) on struts and  VB client.
Message DB table is used from both,
which has message id column and message column like "{0} field is required"

Does anyone use Resource bundles and DB Table for messages on Struts?
What is the best practice for using both of them on struts?

What I am thinking is
that normally I get message from DB and when DB access error happens,
I use resource bundle to get message strings.
The resource bundle is made from DB when the tomcat is restarted.

But, I am wondering what is the best way to
get message from DB using Struts functionality as much as possible.

Any comments are appreciated.

Masashi Nakane