struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mathew, Manoj" <Mathew.Ma...@principal.com>
Subject RE: html:form
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:32:07 GMT

just a thought?

Can we  submit two forms at a time? I thought html can handle only one form at a time.I think
we can have any no of forms but can submit only one at a time.

Thank-you,
Manoj Mathew
GIS-Systems
(515-362-0539)

-----Original Message-----
From: as as [mailto:sam_struts@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 9:35 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: html:form

wonderful..
i guess two submits are the culrpits here then...
then in my second form, how do i implement my fucntionality (wher i want to display a table-
but clicking on the left most element in the table must take it to another page----using javascript????
please advise..
Thanks!

Christian Bollmeyer <java@christianbollmeyer.de> wrote:
On Sunday 18 April 2004 16:30, as as wrote:

Hi,

>Thanks for the reply. I am submitting both the forsm...

Probably, but where?

>so does only one submitted form end up in the request?

Yes.

>Here is my code briefly:

> > type="com.PrincipalForm" >
>

>       ID #:

This form seems to be more or less ok. Don't know
why you chose over here, but
well.

> > type="com.TeachersForm">   > name="teachers" property="teacher">

Now check this part:

>    " property="last" />

Looks pretty mangled to me; wonder if this compiles
at all. IIRC you mentioned complaints about missing
getters. This part most certainly is the culprit.

You can have multiple forms in a page, but only one
of them can be submitted at a time. Therefore, one
usually provides an with each form
declaration. You can achieve the same with JavaScript,
which you probably do here, but if you say something

document.forms[0].submit();
document.forms[1].submit();

the second line won't be executed anymore, for the
browser has already started a new request.

HTH,
-- Chris.