struts-user mailing list archives

From mike.ra...@barclayscapital.com
Subject RE: execute() method running twice
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:41:58 GMT
Long shot, but I once had something similar....

Are you using <html:image oncClick="submit() /> or similar?

If so, an html:image renders an input type=image tag which automaticall
submits the form. If you are then calling a submit() method which submits,
the form is submitted twice and the execute of the subsequent action is
called twice.

If not, it could still be that you're pressing an input of type submit which
would do the same thing.

Just a thought...

-----Original Message-----
From: ray_offiah@yahoo.co.uk [mailto:ray_offiah@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 21 April 2004 15:21
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: execute() method running twice

Hi there .. :-)

Wonder if anyone could help me with a strange problem I can't seem to solve.

I have a form tied to an Action. The form is submitted through a Javascript
call from the
JSP page.

I was getting some strange behaviour, so I added a bit of debug code, and
discovered
that the execute() method in the action is being called twice each time the
form is
submitted.

Has anyone come across this before?

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.