struts-user mailing list archives

From "Shyamal Shah" <shyamal_s...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: "No Name Specified" Error
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:29:36 GMT
If I try using html:optionsCollections it says
"no handler for tagname='optionsCollections'
"

Do I have to do something differently? or include anything to get it to
work?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Riyad Kalla" <rsk@email.arizona.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: "No Name Specified" Error

> I think you want to be using html:optionsCollectios, and you need to
> specify a "name" argument to tell the tag which session object to use.
> I've NEVER had success using the "collection" param on ANY Struts tag,
> no matter what I do. I always use name and it works like a dream.
>
> Shyamal Shah wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >   I am trying to load arraylist values into select box on my JSP page.
It somehow doesnt work and everytime throws "No name specified" error. I
know it happened to someone some time back but couldnt find answer in
archive. Can someone pls tell me what would be the resolution?

> >In my action class I'm doing following:
> >
> >  session = request.getSession();
> >  java.util.ArrayList regionArr = new java.util.ArrayList();
> >  regionArr.add("-All-");
> >  regionArr.add("1");
> >  regionArr.add("2");
> >  regionArr.add("3");
> >  regionArr.add("4");
> >  regionArr.add("5");
> >
> >  session.setAttribute("RegionList",regionArr);
> >
> >And in my JSP , I have following code..

> >where is it going wrong? someone suggested to use toArray() on array list
in action class while setting the session object but that also is not of any
help. I'll appriciate any suggestions..