struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Mandel <Mark.Man...@hds.com>
Subject Dynamic 'action' on html:form
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 05:23:02 GMT
Hey all,

I've got a tile that I want to be able to input the <put> element as the
action for the form it contains, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I want to be able to do something like this:

Tile insert:
------
<tiles:insert definition="tiles.content.common.searchForm">
  <tiles:put name="formAction" value="/webpage/downloadResults"/>
</tiles:insert>
------

My Tile:
------
<tiles:importAttribute name="formAction" scope="page">

action="<%=(String)pageContext.getAttribute("formAction") %>">
..
------

But I all I get is errors - usually 'null' or 'no value' when I play around
with it.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Or is this not possible?
(maybe I pull the form outside of the tile)

Cheers,

Mark

Web Application Developer
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation