struts-user mailing list archives

From "Takhar, Sandeep" <Sandeep.Tak...@CIBC.ca>
Subject RE: feeding custom actionForm to a jsp page?
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:13:35 GMT
one thought (I didn't follow the email exactly)...

use the same form names...

sandeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Kovalenkov [mailto:maksym.kovalenkov@sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 6:08 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: feeding custom actionForm to a jsp page?

Hello,

I have a form for submitting data which can be optionally used to
substitute new data instead of any other past entry by the same user. If
you check a 'change' checkbox before pressing submit - brings you back
to the same form, but now there's also a "radio-button" list of past
entries, and you can choose one to write new data on top of. Original
chain of events is:

prepop.java -> submit.jsp -> process.java -> end.jsp

If a checkbox is checked, however, there is one more 'loop'(for
populating list of past entries):

prepop.java -> submit.jsp -> prepop.java -> submit.jsp -> process.java
-> end.jsp

All I want is to be able to reproduce submitted values the second time
around on submit.jsp, just like the validator does in case something's
wrong. But it creates a new ActionForm when forwarded to for the second
time and all the values are lost.. Is there a way to feed it my already
populated actionForm?

This might be the clumsiest way to do this, but I'm relatively new to
this and couldn't figure anything better by myself. Any tips are greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.

Max