struts-user mailing list archives

From "Takhar, Sandeep" <Sandeep.Tak...@CIBC.ca>
Subject RE: [OT] UI Suggestion Request
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 12:09:31 GMT
200 doesn't seem that much to me.

sandeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Avinash Gangadharan [mailto:agangadharan@ucdavis.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 6:03 PM
To: 'user@struts.apache.org'
Subject: [OT] UI Suggestion Request

Hello All,
   I have a field in a form which expects a predefined set of data existing
in the database. The dataset is of type code-description, where the user is
expected to select or enter a description and the form passes back a code
for it. This can be presented best in the form of a dropdown list. But my
problem is that this set of data is huge ( around 200 rows ) and the
descriptions for each code is also pretty long. What do you guys think could
be a good replacement of the drop down list to prevent any bad data entry.
I want to force the users to do something like a search and select kind of
thing.

Thanks
Avinash