struts-user mailing list archives

From "Smith, Darrin" <Darrin.Sm...@OraMetrix.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Recommendation on JBoss
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:31:43 GMT
There are a few comparisons with other app servers that you can get for free
on the Internet. Just do a Google search.

As for me, I like JBoss, but you can expect to pay $$$$ for training as the
manuals they have don't give you everything you need to know (IMHO).

-----Original Message-----
From: Pani R [mailto:pani_rd@lycos.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 11:25 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: [OT] Recommendation on JBoss

Hi All:

I would like to have some piece of advise from JBoss experts / users. We are
planning to go for a EJB based solution on an existing presentation layer
developed using Strtuand contemplating on which App. Server to use for
Produciton. As always, cost in the main constraint but also, not in a
position to compromise much on the quality as well.

So, having these in mind, kindly share you JBoss expertise on the following:

1. Performance

2. Scalability

3. Portability to other App. Server

4. Hardware Recommendation