struts-user mailing list archives

From "Shyamal Shah" <shyamal_s...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to use frames in Struts framework?
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:37:56 GMT
I am trying to load a frame page in Struts but unfortunately it is not
working. It is opening the frames page alright if I dont specify any source
for frames but if I do specify it it is not finding the page. I am getting
the following error message on my top frame :

"Error 404--Not Found
>From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is
given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the
client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone)
status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally
configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and
has no forwarding address."

My frames page looks like this:

<frameset  rows="50%,*">
    <frame name="ReviewResult" src="/showreview.do" marginwidth="10"
marginheight="10" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
    <frameset  cols="50%,*">
        <frame name="" src="" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
        <frame name="" src="" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
    </frameset>
</frameset>

As you can see, on my top frame I am sourcing frame to /showreview.do. Here
is my entry for showreview in struts config and tiles file.

struts-config.xml

<action
    path="/showreview"
    type="......ReviewResultAction" (actual action path)
    name="ReviewResultForm"
    scope="request"
    validate="false">
    <forward name="success" path=".b3.showreview"/>
</action>

and in my tiles-defs.xml
  <definition name=".b3.showreview" path="/b3/svo/ReviewResult.jsp"/>

Can anyone tell me why it is not opening the page in frame properly? If I
open the page /showreview directly from the browser it opens successfully.

Thanks,