struts-user mailing list archives

From xuch...@gic.com.sg
Subject Re: No getter method for property p of bean b - getP is public in b's super class
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:51:47 GMT
Hi Daniel - I am sure I am using the latest classes.

Also I have tested what you suggested. If I only put in

getDealNumber <%=b.getDealNumber%><br>

I can see the property value displayed properly. But if I use bean:write,
then the same error happens.

To JavaSoft - I changed all attributes to protected, but still got the same
error...

You wrote:
Are you sure that you using the up-to-date version of your class ?
Maybe a misspelled method name or attribute name ?

    Try to make this test (in your .jsp):

<%
B b = new B();
%>

getDealNumber <%=b.getDealNumber%><br>
<%
pageContext.setAttribute("currTxn",b, PageContext.REQUEST_SCOPE);
%>

getDealNumber <bean:write name="currTxn" property="dealNumber"/>