struts-user mailing list archives

From antoine.kor...@bnpparibas.com
Subject Réf. : Re: Migration Struts 1.1 - java.lang.LinkageError - ActionForm class
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:42:40 GMT

Yes, but Admin and Public are consider like two applications differents.

I have a folder for Admin with them configuration's file (web.xml and
       struts-config.xml) and a folder for Public with them configuration's
       file

Maybe i must create a sub application like struts 1.1 suggest ?

thanks.

       Re: Migration Struts 1.1 - java.lang.LinkageError - ActionForm class

The Servlet spec does not support 2 web.xml files.  You should only have
one -- located under the /WEB-INF folder.  You can have multiple struts
configuration files by specifying them in the Action Servlet
configuration in web.xml:

   <servlet>
     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>config</param-name>
       <param-value>
         /WEB-INF/admin/struts-config.xml,
         /WEB-INF/public/struts-config.xml
       </param-value>
     </init-param>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>debug</param-name>
       <param-value>5</param-value>
     </init-param>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>detail</param-name>
       <param-value>5</param-value>
     </init-param>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>validate</param-name>
       <param-value>true</param-value>
     </init-param>
     <!-- this number indicates relative order to load servlets -->
     <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

antoine.korbut@bnpparibas.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have upgrade of my project from struts 1.0.2 to Struts 1.1.
> My project is an Intranet Portal and is composed of 2 parts : Admin and
Public.
> So, I have 2 differents files web.xml and struts-config.xml in 2
different folder (Admin and Public).
> When the Admin part runs in the first one, it does not raise problem,
> however when the Public part is run in second, I have the following
error:

> java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm class
>       at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
>       at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>       at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.applicationInstance(RequestUtils.java:231)

>       at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionCreate(RequestProcessor.java:326)

>       at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:268)

>       at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1480)
>       at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:506)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>       at
com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarResource.doServletDispatch(AgWarResource.java:944)

>       at
com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarResource.service(AgWarResource.java:723)
>       at
com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarURLResource.perform(AgWarURLResource.java:114)