struts-user mailing list archives

From xuch...@gic.com.sg
Subject Re: No getter method for property p of bean b - getP is public in b's super class
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:54:44 GMT

Thanks. Just to confirm - you mean use a public getter method does not
help? This is due to reflection? or Java Beans property?

XU CHENG
EXT: 8476
DID: (65) 68898476

                      JavaSoft

                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: No getter method for property
p of bean b - getP is public in b's super
                      04/22/2004 05:52          class

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

private attribute doesnt inherit to any child. Use
protected or higher level.

--- xucheng@gic.com.sg wrote:
> I have a bean class B, whose super class is A.
> dealNumber is defined as private String in A, and it
> has the following
> getter/setter
>   public String getDealNumber() {
>       return dealNumber;
>   }
>
>   public void setDealNumber(String dealNumber) {
>       this.dealNumber = dealNumber;
>   }
>
> Can this property be seen in <bean:write> if I use
> it to write properties
> of an object b of class B?
>
> In my JSP I set an instance of b to page context:
> pageContext.setAttribute("CURR_TXN", b);
>
> Then I do:
> <bean:write name="CURR_TXN" property="dealNumber"
> scope="page"/>
>
> But I got this error: No getter method for property
> dealNumber of bean
> CURR_TXN
>
> I then tried to add this into B:
>   public String getDealNumber() {
>       return super.getDealNumber();
>   }
>
> And then the error is gone... can anyone help to
> explain why?
>
> Thanks.
>
> XU CHENG

> For additional commands, e-mail: