struts-user mailing list archives

From "Senthivel U S" <senthivel.usilap...@uaeexchange.com>
Subject Action Class - No of instances
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 07:06:22 GMT
Greetings,

I have one more doubt, if one instance per module/application, Is not a
performance bottleneck.

Rgds,

Sen

Greetings,

Thanks Mr Craig and Mr Niall.

Yes we are having sub application modules and we are having one common
action Class for some action mappings (design based on struts-scaffold -
Refer: Struts In Action).I have to check it whether it is for module or for
application. Actually What we thought is minimum number of same action class
instance will serve for maximum number of requests. That is for example, if
ten action elements are mapped to the same action class, in less user
traffic, five action instance is enough to serve, need not create ten
instance of the same action class. (but I think the struts specification is
slightly different)

Rgds,

Sen