struts-user mailing list archives

From "alin04" <a...@heyang.org>
Subject Entity/Catalog resolver - Digester - Custom tiles-config.dtd
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:38:13 GMT
I've customized tiles_config.dtd and modified my DOCTYPE declaration
to point to the new DTD located on my build machine.  My production
environment can't resolve the location because it doesn't have access
to  the build machine.  Hence at runtime, Struts is giving me a
DefinitionsFactoryException.

I know about Digester.register (to register local copies).  And I know
about CatalogResolver as well.  Unfortunately, as far as I can tell,
the former requires modification to:
  org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.XmlParser
and the latter to:
  org.apache.commons.digester.Digester

How could I do this easily easily?

The 3 solutions I came up with are:
  a)  remove the doctype declaration altogether
  b)  always have local reference to DTD
  c)  Specify my own definitions-factory and customize I18nFactorySet
as well as XmlParser.

I'm curious which solution others have chosen?