struts-user mailing list archives

From bOOyah <boo...@nowhere.org>
Subject Any advice for 'jsp.error.useBean.duplicate' ?
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:49:54 GMT
It's killing me.  Here's the snippet:

[ServletException in:/pages/editscheduledetails.jsp]
/pages/editscheduledetails.jsp(276,6) jsp.error.useBean.duplicate'
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /pages/editscheduledetails.jsp(276,6)

My assumption in that the Jasper compiler thinks I have attempted to use
a bean multiple times in the same scope or something.

Here's the only piece of that JSP that uses a bean:

Line 276:

<c:forEach items="${ScheduleDetailsForm.eventsList}"
            var="event" varStatus="status">
   <jsp:useBean id="status"
                type="javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core.LoopTagStatus"/>

If I change "status" to "qwerty" it all works fine!  The JSP books say
that the 'varStatus' variable is local to the 'c:forEach' loop!  How can
I be declaring duplicate beans?  I even added a scope="page" to the
'useBean' clause, but it made no difference.

I'm not explicitly including other JSPs in this JSP...I'm using Tiles
and Struts.

Google only returns very scant info about 'jsp.error.useBean.duplicate' :-(

Thanks for any help.

--
bOOyah