struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Urgent help in struts MOdular approach
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:34:19 GMT
MessageIf what you mean is that you have an Action in module 'business' that
needs to forward to a JSP in module 'default', then you should switch
modules before forwarding. See RequestUtils.selectModule() and/or
SwitchAction.

--
Martin Cooper

"Normanjai Singh Pauldurai" <NormanjaiSingh_P@infosys.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

 I've a doubt in implementing modular approach for using multiple
struts-config.xml and multimple iles-defs.xml.

I've defined 2 diff. struts-config.xml in web.xml in a modular way as below:
-------------------------
 <init-param>
        <param-name>config</param-name>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
            <param-name>config/business</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-smile.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
-------------------------

I have totally different action mappings in both struts-config file, but if
i access a actionmapping present in "config/business", and as a result there
may be a page coming up ,which contains <html:form> tag in it, pointing to a
action mapping present in the other struts-config.xml file. Hence servlet
exception is thrown in the jsp.    To avoid this, i've placed the dependant
action mappings in both the struts-config.xml files. Is this a correct
way????? or How should it be????

Are any rules governing the modular approach???

Can u explain me????

NOTE: i'm using struts 1.1

send in ur replies to normanjaisingh_p@inf.com ASAP. it's urgent!!!!

Thanx in advance,