struts-user mailing list archives

From bOOyah <boo...@nowhere.org>
Subject [VERY OT] Wireless Mice...what gives??
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:11:52 GMT
It's Friday.

I need to buy a replacement for my borked Intellimouse Explorer.  It's
starting to issue double-click events, which is pretty disconcerting.
At least, I _hope_ it's my mouse, otherwise my RSI has taken a nasty
turn for the worse.

I'm a fan of Microsoft's mice because the devices in its Explorer range
are nice and big, just like my hands (Logitech's rodents tend to be
smaller).  But nearly all the Microsoft mice available on Amazon.co.uk
are wireless.  Ditto for my other favourite site, dabs.co.uk.  A quick
excursion to Microsoft's corporate Mouse site reveals that, yes indeed,
all the latest Explorer mice are wireless.

Despite finding the concept of an stationary, yet wireless device deeply
crazy, I might just buy a wireless mouse and have done with it...life's
just too short.  But I think having to replace batteries every 6 months
would get right on my nerves.

Any opinions?  Does replacing the batteries in your wireless mouse or
keyboard drive you nuts?  Are there real advantages to using a wireless
input device that I just cannot see?

Trivially yours,
--
bOOyah