struts-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Hess" <gh...@wrappedapps.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Stress testing?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 21:09:54 GMT
Thanks Simon,

Actually I have been assigned to test 100 simultaneous users as a max,
so that would do fine. We do have some JUnit tests in the bag that we
use but I haven't worked with them yet. I will have a look at HttpUnit,
hope SSL is supported because our application runs exclusively on SSL.

I have been planning to set up my tests as follows:

Client Machine
- running the testing tool hitting the server

Server Machine
- running app server being profiled by JProfiler

I am not sure what performance to expect and how to configure the app
server for optimal performance but I will learn.

Do you know of any guidelines regarding resource consumption like if my
max load is 100 simultanious users performing the heaviest transaction
my CPU usage should not exceed 80% and memory should not exceed 75% of
max available?

Cheers,

Greg Hess
Software Engineer