struts-user mailing list archives

From "Amleto Di Salle" <disa...@di.univaq.it>
Subject R: Turning OFF auto form population?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 17:59:16 GMT
Hi,
but have you used in the action tag inside the "struts-config.xml" the
"name" attribute?

Anyway, if I understood correctly, you can always extend the
RequestProcessor class and override the processPopulate(...) method.

Furthermore, you have to configure struts to use the extended
RequestProcessor version.

BR
/Amleto

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: None None [mailto:fzammett@hotmail.com]
Inviato: mercoledì 19 maggio 2004 19.33
A: user@struts.apache.org
Oggetto: Turning OFF auto form population?

Hello all... Is it possible to turn OFF Struts auto-populating an
ActionForm
with the paramters from the client?

The reason I ask is that I'm converting a non-Struts app over, and in
this
app, because it was using a homegrown framework, we have value object
classes which are basically exactly what ActionForms are, except that
they
are NOT auto-popualated.  The problem is that some of the getter and
setter
method names may not match the input parameters, and rather than trying
go through it all and change the names to match (which I can do as a
later
step), I'd like to turn off the auto-populate function if I can.

If I can't, I can just leave these classes as-is and just have them not
extend ActionForm... since they are always manually dealt with, that's
not a
problem, but if I can make make them extend ActionForm and turn off the
auto-populate, then I can just swing back around in a later iteration
and
make the changes I need to then.

Thanks all!