struts-user mailing list archives

From "johannes Schwarz" <johannes.schw...@iai.fzk.de>
Subject AW: Validation - can i use multiple properties ?
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 13:54:23 GMT
I know this and i use this language files.

XXX_de.properties
XXX_en.properties

AND

YYY_de.properties
YYY_en.properties

I use a action to set the language:
-------------
	String lang = httpServletRequest.getParameter("language");
	Locale newlang = new Locale(lang);
	this.setLocale(httpServletRequest, newlang);
-------------

And in all jsp-Pages i can use the properties.

But why isn't it possible to use different properties between the
validation file?

If i use three different forms (html-formular), than i would like to use
also

-> three different validationfiles
	it works, i use between struts-config:
	<set-property property="pathnames"
value="X-validation.xml,Y-validation.xml"/>

	X-Validation.xml is defined for formular 1
	Y-Validation.xml is defined for formular 2 and so on

-> three different configfiles
	it works, i use between struts-config:
	[<!ENTITY actions1	SYSTEM "MyActions1.xml"> ] and at the
position i write &actions;

	MyActions1.xml is defined for formular 1 (all actions for this
fields...)
	MyActions2.xml is ...

-> three different properties-files
	it works between the jsp-pages, but NOT between VALIDATION.

	//The defenition between config
	<message-resources paramter=”XXX”/>
	<message-resources paramter=”YYY” key=”Mypara1”/>
	<message-resources paramter=”ZZZ” key=”Mypara2”/>
	//My jsp-Pages:
	Page1.jsp: ...<bean:message key=”Field1” bundle=”Mypara1”/>:
	Page2.jsp: ...<bean:message key=”Field1” bundle=”Mypara2”/>:

Why defines validation.xml the properties-file automatically?
(in my example, validation use the ressource-parameter XXX for all
pages)

But I would like to define this "for each" line between the Validation
;-)

Example (Validation.xml):
---------
<formset>
	<field ...>
		<!-- i would like to define the value from the file YYY
!>
		<arg0 key="Field1.error" bundle="Mypara1"/>
	</field>
</formset>
<formset>
	<field ...>
		<!-- i would like to define the value from the file ZZ
!>
		<arg0 key="Field1.error" bundle="Mypara2"/>
	</field>
</formset>

But "bundle" doesnt work ;-(

Thanks