struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Erickson" <derick...@cmcflex.com>
Subject Dot notation with Validator?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 22:26:42 GMT
Is it possible to use dot notation with the xml validator? Ie i want to
validate the zipcode String which is a member variable of my reference
object which is on the form.  Ie reference.zipcode?  I've tried but havn't
been successful.. anyone else solved this?

This is essentially what I'd like to do:
            <field property="reference.zip" depends="mask">
                <msn name="mask" key="error.general"/>
                <arg0 key="Zipcode must be 5 digit integers, ie 84132"
resource="false"/>
                <var>
                    <var-name>mask</var-name>
                    <var-value>^[0-9]{5}</var-value>