struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chapp...@landsend.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Stress testing?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 20:26:32 GMT
I've used JUnit and JUnitPerf to drive tests written with HttpUnit. These worked well for me,
allowing me to stress our Struts app to levels of 100 simultaneous users. Is that stressful
enough for you? (It certainly stressed out our DB2 DBA's watching what all that application
activity did to their database ... we managed to get up to 100% CPU usage on an IBM 390! :-)

We didn't use SSL, so that might be a dealbreaker.

Simon
-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Hess [mailto:ghess@wrappedapps.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 3:28 PM
To: Struts
Subject: [OT] Stress testing?

Hi All,

I am looking for a tool to help me stress test my application and would greatly appreciated
any recommendations, suggestions on how to perform such testing and any procedures to follow:-).

My requirements:

1)       Mimic the work flow process for processing a transaction over several pages where
session information is maintained so that my Transaction control tokens will not be invalid.
I would like to be able to specify the starting form and follow the process request/response
over several steps and eventually complete the transaction.

2)       The ability to specify number of loops, threads(for concurrency) and timed duration
would be great.

3)   Support for SSL

Thanks,

Greg Hess