struts-user mailing list archives

From <shirishchandra.sakh...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: [struts workflow extension] Workflow Violation Help
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 07:38:22 GMT
Hi,
This is the reason for providing the secondary workflow mechanism...

As a single workflow allows you to define a single workflow violation path , and hence single
point of forward, you can start your own subworkflows(secondary workflows) so that the same
can be used like bookmarks/savepoints in a workflow.And this is the exact situation you are
looking for.

Install and have a look at the test application .It will help you to understand how to define
and use secondary workflows .

I am working on rearchitecting the workflow so that more flexibility is possible to define
cases like you said...
Hope I get some time to finish it ASAP.

Let me know if you need any more help..

Regards,
Shirish.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wood, Derek (DIS Contractor) [mailto:DerekW@dis.wa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 6:20 PM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: [struts workflow extension] Workflow Violation Help

I have everything working using the Struts Workflow
extension except that I am having problems with the
workflow violation mechanism.

I have a wizard consisting of 6 pages. The workflow
through the entire 6 pages is assigned a single primary
workflow value. So, I made one violation mapping to
handle violations.

What I want to happen is when the workflow is violated,
I want the user to be sent back to the wizard page they
were currently on (ie. page 4) and have a message on
that page saying the violation. I can't seem to figure
out how to get the user back to the page they were on ...
given that I have only one workflow/violation defined.

Thank you.