struts-user mailing list archives

From Riyad Kalla <...@email.arizona.edu>
Subject Re: struts repopulate bug?
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 01:55:20 GMT
Dana Hata wrote:

>Answers to the questions below...
>
>I spent 10 hours on it so far, so I've tried many things.  Now I did see

Good god, I can understand your frustration now... I don't know why it
is not doing this for you. Have you tried setting a breakpoint in your
reset method and seeing when it is getting called? Are you using a
stable build of Struts? What app server are you deploying too?

>the Action errors listed in the JSP.  Either Struts is not putting the
>form bean on the request/session, or it's not populating what it did put
>on the request/session with was it found in the submitted form bean.

Good that your errors are being displayed, and no I don't think the
scope of the form should matter, jsut for sanity sake remove the 'scope'
attribute from your action in your struts-config. If you can narrow this
down to a small test case: 1 jsp, 1 form, 1 action, 1 struts-config, you
can post them here for us to look at.

Best,
Riyad