struts-user mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <christian.grobme...@aman.de>
Subject Forward to the requesting page
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 08:17:09 GMT
Hello all,

i have written an small application with struts. Now i have a problem,
which is easily to solve with such languages as PHP.
But with Struts it seems not to be such easy. I have read all the
documentation and what i could find in the archives nor in google.

I have this pages (Tiles):

frontend.overview
frontend.details
frontend.results

there is a form, which is included in all three templates. It sets the
sort-order for my results. The Problem is, when i change this order i
would like to be forwarded to the page where the form has been submitted.

for example:

frontend.details -> submit the form -> action -> business -> action ->
forward to frontend.details

The same with all templates.

Do you have any suggestions?
I tried allready such things:
return(mapping.findForward(request.getServletPath()));
altought request.getServletPath isn't giving me a logical name.

Thanks in advance,
Christian