struts-user mailing list archives

From John Moore <j...@jmsd.co.uk>
Subject Setting html:text readonly attribute
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 13:30:06 GMT
I'm having a big problem trying to dynamically set a value for the readonly
attribute of an <html:text> tag. I'm using a JSTL core tag to try to set it
and whatever I do is ignored.

In the example below, the newPurchase property is a boolean. If I use
exactly this tag elsewhere on the page, it outputs true or false as
expected. Here, though, it has no effect on the attribute, whether
newPurchase is true or false - the input tag generated is missing the
'readonly' attribute.

value='${purchaseForm.newPurchase}'/>" maxlength="5"/>

I've also tried the following (with as little effect), using an escaped
double-quote instead of a single quote:

value=\"${purchaseForm.newPurchase}\"/>" maxlength="5"/>

The curious thing is that I can use a similar construct but with an integer
property to dynamically set other attributes, such as size, as in the
following example (ignore the logical nonsense of assigning a size on such
a basis, it's just a test of technical feasibility):

value=\"${purchaseForm.totalLicences}\"/>" maxlength="5"/>

Is there something to do with assigning boolean attributes in these tags
which I haven't got yet? Or is it just soemthing weird with the readonly one?

John

John Moore     -    Norwich, UK    -    john@jmsd.co.uk