struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul McCulloch <paul.mccull...@axiossystems.com>
Subject RE: Setting html:text readonly attribute
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 15:09:34 GMT
You cannot use one jsp tag to supply another jsp tag with a value for an
attribute.

Some solutions are:

1) Use an html (rather than a jsp) tag:

 <input type="text" name="licenceCount" value="<c:out
value='${purchaseForm.licenceCount}'/>" size="3" readonly="<c:out
value='${purchaseForm.newPurchase}'/>" maxlength="5"/>

2) Use a bean defintion and an rt expression:

<bean:define id="readOnly" name="purchaseForm" property="newPurchase"/>

maxlength="5"/>

3) Use struts el tag:

readonly="${purchaseForm.licenceCount}" maxlength="5"/>

Paul