struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kransen, J." <j.kran...@srn.minjus.nl>
Subject RE: Special Characters (german Umlaute)
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 14:43:20 GMT
This is something I've been wondering: is it absolutely necessary to convert
text files using this tool? I use UTF-8 encoding for the
ApplicationResources.properties_?? files, I indicate that UTF-8 is the
encoding of my web pages, with the tag

and it works just fine. Is this just coincidence and should I not count on
this to work anytime, anywhere?

On my website under
http://jeroen.kransen.nl:8080/belbin/form/introductie.jsp
I'm making a small personality test and use different languages, it's still
under construction and only complete in NL and EN so far, but the characters
such as Umlauts (or the NL trema's which is basically the same thing) and
the Cyrillic alphabet work on all browsers I tried so far.....
This way we can just edit the texts of any character set as we do with plain
ASCII and don't have to perform the additional step. Generally the tendency
seems to be that using different character encodings is becoming more and
more transparent.