struts-user mailing list archives

From "None None" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Turning OFF auto form population?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 17:32:43 GMT
Hello all... Is it possible to turn OFF Struts auto-populating an ActionForm
with the paramters from the client?

The reason I ask is that I'm converting a non-Struts app over, and in this
app, because it was using a homegrown framework, we have value object
classes which are basically exactly what ActionForms are, except that they
are NOT auto-popualated.  The problem is that some of the getter and setter
method names may not match the input parameters, and rather than trying to
go through it all and change the names to match (which I can do as a later
step), I'd like to turn off the auto-populate function if I can.

If I can't, I can just leave these classes as-is and just have them not
extend ActionForm... since they are always manually dealt with, that's not a
problem, but if I can make make them extend ActionForm and turn off the
auto-populate, then I can just swing back around in a later iteration and
make the changes I need to then.

Thanks all!