struts-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Salgado <salgado...@04web.com>
Subject Re: [ot] eclipse vs. IDEA
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 23:18:12 GMT
On 04/05/19 23:57, "Andy Engle" <struts@andyengle.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

  I tested IDEA 3 and it ran great on my G3 600MHZ (640Mb RAM) with Jaguar.
  Last week, I checked IDEA 4 with Panther on the same machine... It ran
great but, a little bit slower than the previous version but good enough,
even with Tomcat running (ant builds are the only problem).

> I am wondering (for you Mac users out there) if IDEA is less of a
> resource hog than eclipse?  When I fire up eclipse on my Mac it seems
> like that thing takes a lot o' juice.  Is IDEA just as bad, or is it a
> little lighter?

  I only used Eclipse M2 on my mac so... It has been a while :) to make a
good comparison.

  On both cases it is better to have a lot of RAM.

  I find IDEA a better option to use as a development environment (it is
what I use at work but I prefered the old IDEA 3.0.4 version).

Pedro Salgado