struts-user mailing list archives

From "Pilgrim, Peter" <peter.pilg...@csfb.com>
Subject RE: Tiles with javascript heavy pages
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 11:15:02 GMT

Yes the same solution if you use Struts Tiles definitions.
Say you have a definition, put the key of the message resource
as a value of a tile attribute.

<tiles-definition name=".simple.template" .... >
   <put name="pageTitle" value="payroll.app.clientLogin.title" />
</tiles-defintion>

Obviously `payroll.app.clientLogin.title' being found in the resource
bundle. Inside the Struts Tiles template do as Joe suggested
except I use JSTL fmt for my i18n ready apps
 <fmt:bundle basename="org.acme.FunkyPayRoll.Resources" />

 <c:set var="thekey"><tiles:getAsString name="pageTitle" /></c:set>

 <head>
 <title> <fmt:message key="${thekey}" /> </title>
 </head>

That's it.

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston, 10 South Colonnade, London E14 4QJ