struts-user mailing list archives

From "Geeta Ramani" <gram...@terralink.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Databases.
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 12:51:31 GMT
Vishal:

If you are using tomcat, then I believe you can use dbcp. (I think that's what Riyad Kalla
was talking about too..) We use dbcp but only for connecting to one pool (and this turned
out to be quite simple: just configure the server.xml), but I think I read that you can create
multiple pools, which seems to be what you need. (My guess is you add more <Resource elements
in your particular context in the server.xml and give all the db info in the corresponding
ResourceParams.. Like I said, i haven't doene this with multiple databases, but seems like
the machinery is there..

This article contains a link with an example and a "How to tell tomcat to use dbcp" piece:
http://www.midrangeserver.com/mpo/mpo081502-story04.html

And here's a detailed how-to:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

Regards,