struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject RE: initialising user settings following login
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 21:26:52 GMT
One solution would be to use a filter and place some
flag in the current session which indicates if the user
has been initialized. Map the filter so that its executed
upon each request. If the user hasn't been initialized,
then execute initialization code and update intialization flag,
else ignore.

Another strategy would be to use lazy initialization and initialize things
as needed by the user, instead of all at once.

robert