struts-user mailing list archives

From ZCur...@tsys.com
Subject nested property and javascript reference
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 23:13:48 GMT
I am struggling with using javascript to reference a nested property that
is two levels deep. I didn't seem to find anything on this topic that
helped me when searching the archive list. Here is an example of my code
that is not working because document.forms[0].myHidden does not exist.

JSP code:
<input type="checkbox" name="myCheckBox" onchange="if (myCheckBox.checked)
{myHidden.value='true';} else {myHidden.value='false';}" />
<nested:hidden property="myHidden" />

HTML output code:
<input type="checkbox" name="myCheckBox" onchange="if (myCheckBox.checked)
{myHidden.value='true';} else {myHidden.value='false';}" />
<input type="hidden" name="myFirstArray[0].mySecondArray[0].myHidden"
value="true" />

Thanks much!

Zach Curtis
TSYS Technology Center
ZCurtis@tsys.com
208-424-2145

The information contained in this communication (including any attachments hereto) is confidential
and is intended solely for the personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  The information may also constitute a legally privileged confidential
communication.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying, or unauthorized use
of this information, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.  Thank you