struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: struts-config.xml in jar file
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 13:26:37 GMT
At 3:05 PM +0200 5/3/04, Otto, Frank wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a jar file, that contains a struts-config.xml.
>
>Is it possible to set the init parameter in web.xml, that struts
>find this struts-config file?

Not right now; however, there was some discussion on this topic on
the struts-dev list a few weeks ago.  The current idea is to allow
users to set up Struts with one or more "configuration factories"
which can read struts-config files from multiple sources.  Work on
this will probably continue after the next Struts 1.2.x release, when
we'll branch the CVS code base and begin work on Struts 1.3.

Please search the struts-dev archives for the subject line "Splitting
struts-config into multiple jar and read them as resource stream" to
catch up on the discussion that happened -- and if you're interested,
subscribe to struts-dev and help us build it!

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com