struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Tiles with javascript heavy pages
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 13:47:29 GMT
At 2:32 PM +0100 5/20/04, Tim Penhey wrote:
>I am thinking about using tiles to simplify some of my JSPs, but many of my
>pages are javascript heavy.  All the js is either included or defined in the
><head> section, but I am curious to know how other people have defined their
>layouts.
>
>Do you end up defining a very small tile that defines the <title> for
>example?
>
>Comments eagerly awaited.

You can put Javascript anywhere in a page; I think it makes sense to
put it in the tile which uses it, if you can localize it that way.
Obviously sometimes that doesn't make sense.

We usually use Tiles attributes for the title, and then fill it in like this:
         <title><tiles:getAsString name="title" /></title>

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com