struts-user mailing list archives

From Bill Siggelkow <bills...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Rendering Unfiltered Text
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 20:03:39 GMT
This is somewhat of an HTML question so please don't slam me ...

I am using <bean:write name="foo" property="bar" filter="false"/> to
display text containing HTML.  However, I would like to find a way to
prevent mangled markup when the data contains unbalanced tags.  For
example, if the value of bar is "Struts <b>rocks!" -- then when I render
this with filter="false" then the text and everything following the text
is in bold because the <b> tag does not have an </b> tag.  Does anyone
know of a way of preventing this problem?  I tried wrapping the text in

Bill Siggelkow