struts-user mailing list archives

From "Henrique VIECILI" <viec...@softplan.com.br>
Subject [OT] Authenticating Client with <auth-method>
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:52:43 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry for the OT, but i tried all over the tutorials but i couldnt make the mutual authentication
works in Tomcat 5.

I enabled the SSL conector and my test app web.xml has,

server.xml
    <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector"
        enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true"
        acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https"
        secure="true">
    <Factory className=
        "org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
      keystoreFile="c:/keystores/keystore.jks"
      keystorePass="changeit"
        clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
    </Connector>

web.xml
    <login-config>
         <auth-method>CLIENT-CERT</auth-method>
    </login-config>

when i access the https://localhost:8443/myapp  it shows me the server certificate but doesnt
ask for the client certificate.

Somebody can give me some light on this?! And, later, how to know the client certification
attributes after authentication?

Thanks,
Henrique Viecili