struts-user mailing list archives

From "Amleto Di Salle" <disa...@di.univaq.it>
Subject R: Logic:Iterate Problem
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:08:48 GMT
Hi,
you can use the JSTL1.1 (or 1.0 as you want) in the following way:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

    <c:forEach items="${requestScope.pageRecords}" var="row">
    </c:forEach>

you can use "pageScope", "requestScope", "sessionScope" or
"applicationScope" depending on the "pageRecords" is stored.

BR
/Amleto

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Eddie Yan [mailto:eddieyan@streamyx.com]
Inviato: mercoledì 23 giugno 2004 18.06
A: user@struts.apache.org
Oggetto: Logic:Iterate Problem

Hi guys,

Say I have a JSP as follows:

 <%
     Iterator iter = pageRecords.iterator();
     while(iter.hasNext())
     {
         UserDetail detail = (UserDetail)iter.next();
 %>
<%
    }
%>

pageRecords is a Collection of UserDetail object.
UserDetail is my data transfer object.
I can manage to get the expected result of detail.getId()

How can I represent the above code in <logic:iterate> tags ?
The following code doesn't work.

<logic:iterate id="myID" collection="pageRecords" property="UserDetail">

I got JSP Exception: Cannot create iterator for this collection