struts-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Application Resources Question
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:24:44 GMT
My bet is its the way you are displaying the messages - are you using

If so set filter="false" on the <bean:write> tag.

Niall

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ciaran Hanley" <ciaran.hanley@sentenial.ie>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 3:10 PM
Subject: RE: Application Resources Question

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using struts 1.1. I'm retrieving the values through an action class. The
option value is passed from a jsp and the class looks up the corresponding
resource.

For example somePage.jsp?q=info will look up the help.info resource in the
ActionClass

ActionMessages messages = new ActionMessages();
String helpOutput = "help." + option;
messages.add(ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new ActionMessage(helpOutput));
saveMessages(request,messages);

Can it be done this way so that the html is in the properties file still
works when displayed on the resulting jsp?

Thanks