struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob Weber" <ja...@jacobweber.com>
Subject Re: getMessageResources in webLogic?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:39:41 GMT
Sure. This is some code that's executed at startup, in a
ServletContextListener:

import org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources;
MessageResources testResources =
MessageResources.getMessageResources("com.mycompany.www.config.TestResources
");
String message = testResources.getMessage("testMessage");

On both WebLogic and Tomcat, testResources evaluates to a valid
PropertyMessageResources object. But on Tomcat, message will have a value,
and on WebLogic it will be null.

Inside the WAR, there is a file:
WEB-INF/src/com/mycompany/www/config/TestResources_en_US.properties

which contains the line:
testMessage=yes

Thanks,
Jacob