struts-user mailing list archives

From Mick.Knut...@wellsfargo.com
Subject RE: Struts, War files, and WebLogic
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:49:46 GMT
Sounds like you have a security realm on WebLogic that is causing this.
Is this a fresh install?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Meyer [mailto:David.Meyer@sas.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 1:44 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Struts, War files, and Weblogic

I have a war file that I am trying to deploy on Weblogic 8.1.  I am able to
deploy and access jsp's within the WAR file.  However, when a Struts action
is requested, i.e. http://server/someAction.do, I get the following
NullPointerException:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.parseModuleConfigFile(ActionServlet.j
ava:1003)
at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleConfig(ActionServlet.java:9
55)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:470)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run(ServletStubI
mpl.java:1070)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubjec
t.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:97)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java
:893)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.ja
va:842)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
a:782)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:50
4)
at
:349)
at
:305)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(W
ebAppServletContext.java:6291)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubjec
t.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:97)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:3575)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2573)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:178)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:151)

It looks like that the Struts ActionServlet cannot find my struts config
files, even though they are in the correct location within the war file.

What's really odd is if I unwar and deploy the app as an exploded directory,
everything works fine, including the Struts pages.  Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,

David Meyer