struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Engle <str...@andyengle.com>
Subject MySQL, iBatis, and mysql_insert_id
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:07:12 GMT
Hi all,

I am working on a Struts app where I will be slapping some stuff into a
database table, and from there I will need to get an insert ID back.  I
am using a MySQL database, my database stuff is handled by iBatis, and
I am assuming that I need to use the MySLQ command mysql_insert_id() to
get that ID back so I can use it on secondary inserts which will need
that ID as a key.

Has anyone ever done anything like this before?  If not, what sorts of
methods did you use in this scenario to accomplish this?

Thanks very much for your help, as always.

Andy