struts-user mailing list archives

From Ashwin D <ash_java2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with Tiles DTD
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:24:14 GMT
Hi,

Our application resides on a machine which does not
have a direct connection to the internet. So, I have
changed all the references to dtds to be on the local
machine.

The struts & the tiles config file reference their
dtds in the same directory.

<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC
     "...."
     "tiles_config_1_1.dtd"

This works fine with Struts. However, Tiles throws an
exception at runtime about not being able to get the
DTD. Also, Tiles tries to look for the DTD in the
directory from which Tomcat was started.

for e.g. if tomcat is started from /usr/app, Tiles
tries to look for the DTD in /usr/app

It looks like a bug with Tiles. I am wondering if
there is a known patch / fix to correct this problem.

I am using Struts 1.1 (official release) with Tomcat
5.0.19.

Ashwin.