struts-user mailing list archives

From Naresh Sharma <Naresh_Sha...@KeaneIndia.Com>
Subject bean define tag
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:09:47 GMT
Hi,

I am reading a value object property and holding in a script variable
defined using  bean:define tag.

<bean:define id="time" name="MyVO" property="endTime" />

This property "time" actually contains a key to the resource bundle, so
passing it to bean:message tag, so it can fetch corresponding key from
resource bundle.

<bean:message key="<%=(String)time%>" />

But it prints

"???hi.global.info.label.at???" (without quotation marks),

Whereas my actual key is  "global.info.label.at", I do understand that in
case Struts doesn't find resource it add * character in the key but what
about  "hi" string, which is not part of my key, where from its coming??

To verify I print on the page using this

<bean:write name="time" />

And it print correct key "global.info.label.at"

Please suggest

Regards

Naresh