struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Pulling Punches
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:32:36 GMT
Here's an interesting one for ya.

I have a struts action in which I use the "input" parameter to forward
back to the jsp when validation errors occur (pretty basic). There is an
instance where an object could be stale once the browser gets into my
Actions execute method, when this is encountered the action forwards to
an error page that provides a message. This way if anyone bookmarks the
action, I can show something better than a stack trace when they return
to the page.

My problem is that I get forwarded back to the input form without
execute occuring and teh stale object being encountered! When returning
via a bookmark, I get dumped into the JSP designated in the input
attribute. Is there any way I can execute some code to verify the object
is not stale BEFORE validation occurs?

What it really boils down to is this. Is there a way I can cause an
ActionForward before ActionForm.validate occurs?

-Mark