struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Zammetti" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject URL during app init
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:04:49 GMT
Here's a good one...

Assume I have a plug-in to initialize my webapp... Assume further that the
URL used to access my webapp is:

http://localhost:8181/toa/

What I need to be able to do is, from my plug-in, get that URL exactly as
you see above.  Further, it should reflect whatever the URL is, so if it's
running on another server and the URL is http://www.babylon.com/toa/app,
then I should get that.

I'm looking through javadocs now, and have been for about 20 minutes, but I
don't see a way to do it independant of a request object.  Any ideas?  I'm
trying to remove this URL hard-coded in my config file, which isn't a huge
hassle but it would be better it if wasn't there because we're moving to a
new hosting environment and I don't yet know their structure, so this will
remove the whole problem.

Thanks all!

Frank