struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bullard, James" <JBull...@AR.SONY.COM>
Subject question about modules and switching .
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:35:26 GMT
I have my default struts-config.xml and another struts-admin.xml module;
Depending on the users credentials they might see a link to take them to the
admin module. Anyway, from an Action which is being called from the admin
module (would it be fair to call it a context, how separate is it _ )  I
want to call a global-forward from the *default* module to relogin the user
if their session expires, but the semantics that I would expect (that
struts-admin.xml inherits in some sense from struts-config, at least some
things (global-forwards, exception-handler...)) does not work, so when I
forward to 'welcome' it uses the admin context, the question is: What is the
best practice for forwarding out of a context when in my other module I
already have all the bits ready - really I dont want to change any code...

thanks, jim